PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THIS DOCUMENT BEFORE YOU USE THE AOBPRO PLATFORM AND OUR SERVICES.
This document contains important information about the risks associated with the trading and exchange operations relating to crypto-assets, as performed by you when using the Services provided by Aobpro through the Platform.
The Platform and its Services, including its Website (https://www.aobpro.com) and mobile application (“App”), is owned and operated by AO Bridge Inc, a company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Money Services Business); and AO Bridge International, UAB, a company based in Vilnius, Lithuania (Virtual Asset Service Provider); hereinafter jointly referred to as “Aobpro” and/or “We” and/or “Us”).
For the purposes of this document, “You” means any individual who may access and/or create an Account and use our Platform and Services.
We do not guarantee that the crypto-assets trading and/or exchange operations made through our Platform and Services will be profitable.
Investing in crypto-assets involves risks of loss that you should be prepared to bear with. You should be aware that no investment transaction is risk-free and no strategy or risk management technique can guarantee returns or eliminate risks in any market.
We do not represent or warrant that the Services provided by us through this Platform (as described in our Terms and Conditions) might be or are suitable, or that they could be profitable for you. Please realize the risk involved with the crypto-assets trading operations. Consult an investment professional before using this Platform and Services if you are inexperienced or do not have the appropriate knowledge in this area.
This Risk Disclosure Document is incorporated into, and subject to our Terms and Conditions. The definitions set out in our Terms and Conditions, as defined in Section 34 shall apply to this document.
BY CLICKING “I AGREE” WHEN YOU ACCESS AND REGISTER ON THIS PLATFORM, YOU ARE EXPRESSLY ACCEPTING AND ELECTRONICALLY PROVIDING YOUR CONSENT TO THIS RISK DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT, TO USE THIS PLATFORM AND ITS SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS DISCLOSURE, PLEASE LEAVE THE PLATFORM IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT USE OUR SERVICES.
2. Crypto-Asset Transactions Risks
The risks associated with any trading or exchange operation of crypto-assets are as follows:
a) Risk of Higher Volatility.
Volatility refers to the dynamic changes in price that crypto-assets undergo when trading activity continues on the markets. Generally, higher the volatility of a crypto-asset, greater its price swings. There may be normally greater volatility in thinly traded crypto-assets than in active crypto-assets. As a result of volatility, your order may only be partially executed or not executed at all, or the price at which your order got executed may be substantially different from the last traded or exchanged price or change substantially thereafter, resulting in notional or real losses.
b) Risk of Lower Liquidity.
Liquidity refers to the ability to buy and sell crypto-assets expeditiously on markets at a competitive price and with minimal price difference. Usually, it is assumed that the more the number of orders available in a market, the greater its liquidity. Liquidity is important because with greater liquidity, it is easier for investors to buy or sell crypto-assets swiftly and with minimal price difference, and as a result, investors are more likely to pay or receive a competitive price for crypto-assets purchased or sold. There may be a risk of lower liquidity in some crypto-assets as compared to active crypto-assets. As a result, your order may only be partially executed, or may be executed with relatively greater price difference or may not be executed at all.
Please note that buying and/or selling without intention of giving and/or taking delivery of a crypto-asset, as part of a day trading strategy, may also result into losses, because in such a situation, crypto-assets may have to be sold/purchased at a low/high price, compared to the expected price levels, so as not to have any obligation to deliver/receive a crypto-asset.
c) Risk of Wider Spreads.
Spread refers to the difference between the best buy price and best sell price. It represents the differential between the price of buying a crypto-asset and immediately selling it or vice versa. Lower liquidity and higher volatility may result in wider than normal spreads for less liquid or illiquid crypto-assets, which will entail a risk of an eventual loss for any investor.
d) Risk of News Announcements.
Crypto-assets issuers make news announcements that may impact the price of such assets. These announcements may occur during trading, and when combined with lower liquidity and higher volatility, may suddenly cause an unexpected positive or negative movement in the price of the crypto-assets.
e) Risk of Rumours.
Rumors about crypto-assets and its issuing companies, or about crypto-assets are sometimes generated in the public opinion as well as media, social networks, financial newspapers, websites or news agencies, among others. The investors should be wary of and should desist from acting on rumors.
f) System and/or Network Congestion.
Cryptoasset trading or exchanges is conducted in electronic mode, based on communications through satellites and networks owned and operated by third party service providers, and a combination of technologies and computer systems to place and route orders. Thus, there is an existing possibility of communication failure or system problems or slow or delayed response from systems or trading halt, or any such other problem/glitch whereby not being able to establish access to the trading system/network, which may be beyond control and may result in delay in processing or not processing buy or sell orders, either in part or in full. You are cautioned to note that although these problems may be temporary in nature, when you have outstanding open positions or unexecuted orders, these represent a risk because of your obligations to settle all executed transactions.
3. Unregulated Assets
Crypto-assets are unregulated digital assets that are traded in decentralized markets and usually without appropriate control measures.
As a result of the foregoing, these assets involve the following risks:
– Crypto-assets are not backed up by a central bank, a national or international organization, or assets or other credits, and their value is strictly determined by the value that market participants place on them through their transactions, which means that loss of confidence may bring out a collapse of trading activities and an abrupt drop in value.
– Crypto-assets are highly reliant upon unregulated companies, including some that may lack appropriate internal controls and may be more susceptible to fraud and theft than regulated financial institutions. Also, the software necessary to access the market for these assets needs to be regularly updated and may be doubted at times. Sourcing the blockchain technology to vendors may result in significant third-party risk exposure.
– If a third party fraudulently accesses your crypto-asset wallet, or without your authorization, such third party may fully impersonate you and have the same access to your crypto-assets. Once such crypto-assets are transferred out of your wallet and that transaction has been committed to the blockchain, you will not be able to recover them.
– Some countries may prevent the use of crypto-assets or may establish that transactions with such assets violate anti-money laundering regulations, regardless of the fact that crypto-assets are used globally and that such restrictions may affect or cause losses to those who transact with crypto-assets.
– The market risks are idiosyncratic as the crypto-assets trades only on demand. There is a limited amount to certain crypto-assets which means that it can get impacted by liquidity risks and limited ownership may make it susceptible to market manipulation. Furthermore, given its limited acceptance and lack of alternatives, any crypto-asset may appear more volatile than other physical currencies, fueled by speculative demand and exacerbated by hoarding.
– Crypto-assets are exchanged according to their level of acceptance in each country and the reliability they generate, including the number of crypto-assets available in the market. Also, given its limited acceptance and lack of alternatives, crypto-assets may appear more volatile than other physical currencies (fiat money), fueled by speculative demand and exacerbated by hoarding. All this implies a risk of loss for crypto-asset traders.
4. No Advisory
We do not provide advisory services on trading or exchange of crypto-assets, nor on investments of any kind. Therefore, if you are inexperienced or do not have adequate knowledge in this area, we strongly recommend that you consult a professional in this area, before using our Platform and Services, or making any transactions with cryptoassets.
5. Risk Acceptance
BY USING OUR PLATFORM AND SERVICES, YOU EXPRESSLY STATE THAT: (A) YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ, UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPTED THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT; (B) YOU ARE AWARE OF ALL THE RISKS INHERENT IN TRANSACTIONS WITH CRYPTO-ASSETS; AND (C) ANY CRYPTO-ASSET TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAKE THROUGH THIS PLATFORM AND SERVICES, YOU WILL DO SO AT YOUR OWN WILL AND AT YOUR OWN RISK.
6. Contact Us
For any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Risk Disclosure Document, you may address us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and that email receipt must be acknowledged by us.
Last update: November 10th, 2022.